July 16, 2009

Texts:
Leviticus 4 and 5
Psalms 20 and 21

Leviticus:
Reading the Levitical instructions, and how to obey the Law, worry me. How would one remember all of those laws? I think I'd be making a lot of sacrifices to cover for unintentional commandment violations. Think about these laws in light of our readings of Romans. Paul says that if you live under the Law, then you are subject to the Law.
How do you read these Leviticus passages differently in light of Romans?

Psalms:
There is a clear connection in these psalms between God's favor and military victories.
I would like to think that today we don't still see God's favor through our military victories. But do we? Should we?
How can these psalms be of comfort to people who have not experienced victory?

2 comments:

  1. Have missed reading your postings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been at the Presbyterian Women's Gathering in Louisville, but will catch up on postings this weekend.

    ReplyDelete