July 20, 2009

Leviticus 13 and 14
Romans 8

Leviticus:
Here's the picture I mentioned Sunday at the Year of the Bible discussion. This is a picture from Capernaum. See the tabernacle on wheels?

What did you think of the medical advice for the skin rashes, scabs and boils? Would you go see the priest for medical treatment? How do you read those sections in light of the health of the community? Do you think it helped?
In terms of the sacrifices, remember this section when we get to Advent. Mary and Joseph will come to the temple to make similar sacrifices. And now you can understand why "2 turtle doves" is in the 12 days of Christmas song.

Romans:
This is my favorite chapter of my favorite Pauline letter. From beginning to end.
I like it on a visceral level, I'm sure, because I'm an adopted child. So the image of being adopted into God's family is one that works for me on many levels. But the constant reminder of grace and love that works as a drumbeat through this letter reaches a pinnacle here.
What do you notice about this chapter?

No comments:

Post a Comment